You always want to store more and more data on your computer’s hard disk. In order to save memory space, you compress these files in WinRAR format. It is sometimes frustrating situation for users when you encounter problems while extracting RAR files. The error message would be Winrar Diagnostic Messages Checksum Error (CRC).
What is CRC error?
Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC), it is an error notification sometimes encountered while WinRAR file extraction. CRC is a technique for checking data integrity as it has excellent error detection abilities, uses little resources and is very easily used. There are many possible causes due to which you end up with CRC error:
- Download interruption of WinRAR files due to reasons like power failure, network inconsistency, etc
- Deadly malware or virus infection on WinRAR file.
- Extracting the contents of WinRAR using unreliable third party applications.
- Other reasons include improper recovery, file system corruption, transfer error, etc
Here are 3 ways to eliminate WinRar diagnostic messages checksum error, just follow the following steps and you know how:
Method 1: Try re-downloading the whole WinRAR archive file from the internet again.
- Sometimes re-downloading this file will help you eliminate the error.
Method 2: Overcome CRC error using WinRAR application
- Open WinRAR Application
- Right click on the corrupt or damaged WinRAR file and choose “Extract files” options.
- Tick on “Keep Broken Files” check box under Miscellaneous tab.
- Choose the folder where you want to save the extracted files then click “OK”. While the extraction process if any CRC error pops up, you click “Close”.
Method 3: Remo Repair is the best repair application to fix checksum error in WinRAR files. The tool has many advanced and outstanding features such as:
- Free demo version.
- Ability to repair severely corrupt or damaged RAR files.
- Preview repaired RAR archive, operating system compatibility.
- 24 / 7 technical support.
- To know how to use Remo Repair you click here.
If you see this article is useful for you, please like and share it. It’s the best way by which you can Let others support me! Thank you.